This page is all about me. Links to social media around the internet; quiz data forthcoming; methodological interests; known biases; likes and dislikes; as well as information on the material elements of my practise and my research.
Scorpio, rising Sagittarius. Full chart forthcoming. Although Mars dominates my chart, I have always preferred Pluto as a personal icon. I like astrology as a symbolic language; I like the materialism of astrological metaphysics, and it has always been a useful tool for processing emotions. I have not studied astrophysics, I know barely anything about the history of astrology, and I am not even familiar with the signs, except for in a superficial way (it’s on my to-do list. My interest in astrology has an element of irony, and my knowledge is superficial, but it is a sincere interest.
- Laura Secord Elementary (Toronto)
- General Crerar Primary (Toronto)
- MIND High School (Montréal)
- Options II (Montréal)
- David & Mary Thompson Collegiate Institute (Toronto)
- Concordia University (Montréal)
Some keywords for you:
- Cosmology: Epicurean atomism
- Metaphysics: materialist
- Ontology: force
- Ethics: virtue ethics
- Politics: Maoist
Things I Use
- Thinkpad X1 Carbon (5th gen). This is my main computer. I have a desktop that I use as a media server and as a backup. The laptop is starting to show its age. I yearn for a fully-modded Thinkpad X220.
- Gentoo Linux since roughly Summer 2020. Arch Linux for years before then. A brief spell of using Windows on a laptop, preceded by not having one. I first started experimenting with Linux around the age of 16, using Slackware and Ubuntu for a number of years.
- Vim. It’s very important to me, and a crucial part of how I understand new media.
- I have a generic 60% mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. I like it and I like the tactility, but I hope to one day upgrade to either a vintage IBM Model M, or its continuation, the Mini-M.
- I run a fork of the dwm window manager, alongside a fork of the simple/suckless terminal